Thursday, May 21, 2009

It's been awhile...

Oops, time got away from me by a bit. It's been a crazy couple of weeks though and I'll try to do a quick recap.

First, I got in my last ski day of the season on May 9th. Good day with good friends and okay conditions. Then, I turned 32. The year before was exceptionally good and I am excited to see where the next year takes me.

On May 13th I went to a wonderful presentation regarding my triathlon in June. Put on by SheRox the guest speaker was 4 time Olympian having competed in 3 different sports (swimming where she won gold, triathlon and modern pentathlon) Sheila Taormina. Sheila's stories of her career were mesmerizing and I really didn't want her to stop. But I took away one word from her talk. Gambare. It is Japanese and means "keep going". This word suddenly became a motto for me beginning the next day.

On May 14th I was laid off from my job. It's traumatizing, emotional, difficult and exciting all at once. I've been able to do a bit more training, spend time exploring my options and reflecting on what I want to do with my life. I've not found the answer yet but I know I will.

This weekend I'll be running in my first Bolder Boulder 10k race. One of the largest (over 50,000 runners) running races in the world it's a day of parties along the route, a great run and lots of excitement. I'm so excited that I almost wish the race was tomorrow! So wish me luck and cross some fingers for me. Race day environments really feed me so this is just the endorphin boost I need to kick my training up another notch!

1 comment:

AGirlintheSouth said...

Hey Robyn - I can't wait to hear how the Bolder Boulder went! Keep me posted on the career / education decisions. I'm praying that everything works out as it should!