Monday, December 31, 2007

Gold Hill Inn

I'm alive, really I am. Between traveling back and forth to Boulder for Christmas festivities and coaching and work I've not done very well keeping up here. So, here's one big post to cover the last week and a half.

First, on Saturday December 23rd I was invited to join my aunt, uncle and gramma Jane and their friends at Gold Hill Inn for dinner preceded by drinks at the Sinners' cabin across the street. The in is in the tiny town of Gold Hill just a few miles outside of Boulder. However, in those few miles you climb, dramatically and top out around 9000 feet in elevation and drive a two-lane windy mountain road that is icy and snowy and scary. After reaching the top we were shown into the lovely cabin stocked with all sorts of Boulder memorabilia and warmed by a wood stove.



Next, we walked across the street to the inn to enjoy a 6 course meal. I chose the Raspberry Borscht for my soup and the Stuffed Smoked Trout for my entree, both of which were delightful. Although this is not the favorite of my meals in the Boulder area, I do believe the experience is worth it. What a wonderful old building to enjoy a meal in.

No comments: