Monday, January 14, 2008

First ski race of the season!

For those of you who don't know I coach ski racing for Team Summit at Copper Mountain. The last two seasons I've had our 5 and 6 year olds which has been so much fun. On Saturday we had our first race of the season at Breckenridge. Race days are chaotic and stressful for all involved but most especially the coaches and parents. At this age the kids just do what we tell them too! Today I took leadership of all of our Y7 (5 & 6 year old) girls, all 14 of them and made sure they did their 2 course inspections, got to the start and down to their speedsuits, did their 2 races and got lunch in there as well. I also had 2 other coaches and 2 parents assisting me. I am so very proud of all of these girls as well and their boy teammates who were being looked over by other coaches for the day. They all tried hard and as they know is my first rule, had fun. Ask any of them. The first rule on my team is to have fun. Below is a photo of some of the girls hanging out in the lodge after the second race.


No comments: